1) No purchase is required to play or win on any of the Big Radio stations (WEKZ-AM, WBGR-FM, WFRL-AM, WQLF-FM, WFPS-FM, WWHG-FM, WBEL-AM, WGEZ-AM ).
2) All contestants must live within a 100 mile radius of the Big Radio radio stations and must have a valid form of identification and Social Security number.
3) All contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for contests that are not affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
4) All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor.
5) One entry per household. A “household” is determined as any individuals residing at the same address.
After winning a contest on a Big Radio station, the individual/household is ineligible to win all other contests on a Big Radio station for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $500.00 from a Big Radio station may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by Big Radio, and are ineligible to win a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $500.00 for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another contestant will be selected. This procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling the specific number given on-air. If any problems are discovered by Big Radio, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on a Big Radio station. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at the Big Radio station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
7) For contests requiring an entry, entry forms may be completed at the specific place of registration or mailed to Big Radio, W4765 Radio Lane, Monroe, WI 53566 and 834 North Tower Road, Freeport, IL 61032 . All entries become property of Big Radio and will not be returned. Big Radio reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Big Radio deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. Big Radio shall have no
responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed on-line at bigradio.fm.
9) Prize must be picked up at the Big Radio business office or other pre-arranged location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, or the prizes will be forfeited. Big Radio assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes.
10) In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued bY any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Big Radio’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Big Radio awarding the prize to the winner. Big Radio shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Big Radio shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) Big Radio, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any station contest or prizes awarded in any station contest. Winners may be required to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
12) Winners consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the station for publicity purposes.
13) Employees and families of Big Radio, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible.
14) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Big Radio reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Big Radio can not be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
15) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Big Radio and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
16) Big Radio assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Big Radio, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
18) Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard on a Big Radio station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when Big Radio station contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners of the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
20) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Big Radio reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Big Radio management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant. Big Radio reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. Big Radio reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of Big Radio are final.
21) A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the Big Radio studios, W4765 Radio Lane. Monroe, WI 53566 and 834 North Tower Road, Freeport, IL 61032.